Photo: The Great Orchestra Experiment, Albert Hall, Nottingham
Each month we will be featuring a different region, with the aim of bringing these services into contact with each other.
For April 2019, Take it away are featuring activities and shops in the East Midlands.
Music shops who offer Take it away
These music shops in the East Midlands all offer Take it away interest-free loans in their stores.
- Clement Pianos – Nottingham
- Icon Music – Melton Mowbray, Leics
- Intasound – Leicester
- Keysound – Leicester
- MH Music – Market Harborough, Leics
- Nottingham Drum and Guitar Centre – Nottingham
- Rattle and Drum Music – Derby
- Real Time Music – Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- St Giles Music – Northampton
- Stamford Music Shop – Lincolnshire
- Windblowers – Nottingham
East Midlands Music Hubs
Music Hubs are a Government-led initiative, previously referred to as schools or music services. They are partnerships between state schools, companies, charities and practitioners. Hubs receive funding from the Department of Education via Arts Council England. It is the responsibility of every Hub to distribute funding amongst organisations to ensure that these targets are met:
- Ensure that every child aged 5 to 18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (other than voice) through whole-class ensemble teaching programs or weekly tuition on the same instrument
- Ensure that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people
- Develop a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil sings regularly, and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area
Below you’ll find a list of the music hubs in the East Midlands. Each hub provides different services and receives different levels of funding, dependent on needs and services. For example, some services provide one to one tuition, some offer classroom sessions or some offer Orchestra or performance opportunities.